• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
The front fender and rear bumper have the look molded in, but the rear quarter panel and door have their pieces tacked on. You can see it in the pictures below:

1681761417150.png

1681761457308.png
1681761479247.png
That sucks. I guess they simulated the look in the front to match the rear then. But should hold up fine, no issues with my FK8.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Again with the fender talk, it really is crazy how much this bothers people.

How long have cars come with "tacked on" side skirts? Spoilers? This is nothing new. It's being added at the factory, not glued on by some shady 19 year old body shop apprentice. It's less likely to "peel off" than the "tacked on" window tint 98% of you are going to put on.

I guess it's such a big deal because the CTR supposedly has "integrated" fender flares? They're also not as aggressive. It is for "the look", but an all-new "integrated" fender just for this car would have substantially added to the cost, for not much added benefit.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Again with the fender talk, it really is crazy how much this bothers people.

How long have cars come with "tacked on" side skirts? Spoilers? This is nothing new. It's being added at the factory, not glued on by some shady 19 year old body shop apprentice. It's less likely to "peel off" than the "tacked on" window tint 98% of you are going to put on.

I guess it's such a big deal because the CTR supposedly has "integrated" fender flares? They're also not as aggressive. It is for "the look", but an all-new "integrated" fender just for this car would have substantially added to the cost, for not much added benefit.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2024 Acura Integra Type S World Premiere! the-big-lebowski-opinion

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Yes, thats the exact reason why actually. Using unique body panels is really expensive, and yet they're willing to spend that budget on the CTR but not the more expensive ITS? The added features in the ITS don't require anything unique, as its all already available on a fully loaded normal integra, so that shouldnt be drastically more expensive than the Type R.

Using some cheaper tacked on fender flares should actually reduce the price gap between the CTR and ITS IMO but I guess we'll see if the price gap will end up being justifiable.

Like i already mentioned, I like the look of them. Im mostly just worried about long term how much dirt will get stuck in them. I'm hoping to keep my next car for well over 10 years as my last ICE car, and in that respect the "integrated" fenders will likely give me less to worry about.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
11th Gen Honda Civic 2024 Acura Integra Type S World Premiere! the-goon-dodgeball

Yes, thats the exact reason why actually. Using unique body panels is really expensive, and yet they're willing to spend that budget on the CTR but not the more expensive ITS? The added features in the ITS don't require anything unique, as its all already available on a fully loaded normal integra, so that shouldnt be drastically more expensive than the Type R.

Using some cheaper tacked on fender flares should actually reduce the price gap between the CTR and ITS IMO but I guess we'll see if the price gap will end up being justifiable.

Like i already mentioned, I like the look of them. Im mostly just worried about long term how much dirt will get stuck in them. I'm hoping to keep my next car for well over 10 years as my last ICE car, and in that respect the "integrated" fenders will likely give me less to worry about.
It's not going to be an issue, stop worrying about it. Or if you can't get past it, buy a CTR? Nothing wrong with that either. I'm just glad to have the option.

And while I wasn't in the room when the decision was made to do the fenders this way, I can't argue with the end result. The design has definitely won me over, and appears to be a hit. I am 100% certain that if they decided to do bespoke body panels in the rear to integrate the fenders, it would have added thousands to the MSRP. It doesn't bother me one bit- but apparently the complaining about it does. I'll work on my trigger response.

Man, I have to say, I think this looks great.

What is with the audio?? I tried but I'd have to watch it on mute. But yes, I agree. I'm pretty much amazed at how well they did with the design of this car.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree with the general conclusion everyone is coming to : It’s good that the Integra even exists and we have options despite “imperfections.”

It has been aaaaaaaaages since we’ve had truly high performance Honda and Acura vehicles (with manual trans) available in North America simultaneously. It’s been so long that lots of the younger folks here don’t even realize there was a drought! This is just the beginning. I hope it continues and gets even better.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
It's not going to be an issue, stop worrying about it. Or if you can't get past it, buy a CTR? Nothing wrong with that either. I'm just glad to have the option.

And while I wasn't in the room when the decision was made to do the fenders this way, I can't argue with the end result. The design has definitely won me over, and appears to be a hit. I am 100% certain that if they decided to do bespoke body panels in the rear to integrate the fenders, it would have added thousands to the MSRP.
I'm glad to have the option too, which is why im comparing them and weighting the pros and cons. I think the Type S looks great. Are the fenders a deal breaker? No, not really, but it is a comparison to make vs the Type R.

The "added thousands to the MSRP" part is what has me curious. The Type R has fully integrated fenders, so presumably the price we see already has this "thousands" added into the MSRP. Does not having full integrated fenders but better equipment mean that the Type S and Type R will actually be a lot closer in price than we think? Thats what I want to know now

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Unique body panels are definitely NOT cheap. I hope mine never get damaged, because they’ll not be easy nor cheap to replace (especially in comparison to a normal Civic body panel).

@Kyofu You bring up a great point! Certainly the cost of those unique body panels are integrated into the cost of the CTR. The Integra’s fender flares are definitely not as costly, but they’re adding in other bits and pieces the CTR doesn’t have. So perhaps the Integra will (and maybe should be) closer in price to the CTR than we’ve been speculating. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
I'm glad to have the option too, which is why im comparing them and weighting the pros and cons. I think the Type S looks great. Are the fenders a deal breaker? No, not really, but it is a comparison to make vs the Type R.

The "added thousands to the MSRP" part is what has me curious. The Type R has fully integrated fenders, so presumably the price we see already has this "thousands" added into the MSRP. Does not having full integrated fenders but better equipment mean that the Type S and Type R will actually be a lot closer in price than we think? Thats what I want to know now
Let's hope!

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Unique body panels are definitely NOT cheap. I hope mine never get damaged, because they’ll not be easy nor cheap to replace (especially in comparison to a normal Civic body panel).

@Kyofu You bring up a great point! Certainly the cost of those unique body panels are integrated into the cost of the CTR. The Integra’s fender flares are definitely not as costly, but they’re adding in other bits and pieces the CTR doesn’t have. So perhaps the Integra will (and maybe should be) closer in price to the CTR than we’ve been speculating. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!
Would be awesome if Honda/Acura price it exactly the same as the CTR as a big FU to the ADM.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Would be awesome if Honda/Acura price it exactly the same as the CTR as a big FU to the ADM.
That's what Kirk Kreifels mentioned as a possibility
Sponsored