• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
If you look close on the bumper you can see where the sun hits and changes colors. Its a great color.
I agree, waiting for mine to come in.....love the exhaust too, prolly going to end up a mbaak jr!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
oh you know, 4/28-5/2....only 3 weeks delayed

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Just in time for summer! Delay is a bummer, same with mine - 2 month delay was excruciating while it sat in a rail yard outside Chicago for four weeks. Hang in there.
Oddly enough just loaded up the tracking site and my car that had disappeared off of it for a few days reappeared as "on site". Called dealer and they don't have it yet but believe that it's in state. Hoping tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Oddly enough just loaded up the tracking site and my car that had disappeared off of it for a few days reappeared as "on site". Called dealer and they don't have it yet but believe that it's in state. Hoping tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
11th Gen Honda Civic Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5 1684427213460

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Yeah, it's best to get it now, TBH, as you will have nice weather and not have to throw on or even think about winter tires, cold temps, etc. Nice weather makes it easier to evaluate the car's dynamics, tires, suspension, etc., and gives you time to think about any mods while breaking it in.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I ended up deleting the large res and keeping everything else as is and it turned out perfect.

Just the right amount of volume imo.
Will post some sound clips later.

20230513_152439.jpg
@tezzasaurusrex Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in making the exhaust slightly louder, but not too crazy loud. I had a Milltek non-resonated exhaust on my FK8 with a catted PRL DP, and it was too loud. Deleting the middle resonator may hit the sweet spot, in my opinion.

After having driven without the one resonator for a bit longer now, would you still recommend it? If you have any additional videos to share, please do (I enjoyed the two that you already shared). How much louder is it inside the cabin?

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
@tezzasaurusrex Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in making the exhaust slightly louder, but not too crazy loud. I had a Milltek non-resonated exhaust on my FK8 with a catted PRL DP, and it was too loud. Deleting the middle resonator may hit the sweet spot, in my opinion.

After having driven without the one resonator for a bit longer now, would you still recommend it? If you have any additional videos to share, please do (I enjoyed the two that you already shared). How much louder is it inside the cabin?
I was a little worried about drone on the freeway and that I might have to put the fuse back in to manage it but those worries disappeared as soon as I got up to speed. Just did a 6.5hr drive to another state and suffered zero moments of drone or irritation from the mod. All in all, I love it, and recommend it to anyone thinking about it. 👌

Last edited: