• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
System Motorsports hooked me up with these Volk TE-37SL’s. 18x9.5 +45 offset, color - double pressed graphite. Tires are for daily use so went with an all season with more side wall, 255/40 R18. Lug nuts are from McGard

AAB17E8B-7380-43EC-8242-C58CE5C5A778.jpeg

BA716F28-0239-4A15-A560-8A91389BFFF3.jpeg

D663FF5E-731D-4F3A-A38C-CB83CD8E094D.jpeg

E5B0DA30-D437-4AB6-9E95-134EB499D98D.jpeg
Looks nice. Did you notice a big difference is driving comfort compared to stock?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Looks nice. Did you notice a big difference is driving comfort compared to stock?
Thanks. I didn’t spend much time on the factory tires/rims so keep that in mind regarding my response. Main benefit I was going for was more sidewall in case I hit a pothole as this is my daily driver. In comfort mode the ride is compliant considering the type of car this is yet the handling is still crisp and sharp with the all season tires. I don’t feel I gave anything up in handling on public roads. So overall I don’t believe they changed the character of the driving experience. My previous daily was an Alfa Giulia Sport and the ride in that was much more of an entry luxury car that possessed wonderful handling dynamics but felt soft compared to the Honda. The Honda feels more ’special’ as a daily driver and keeps me entertained where the Alfa was more relaxing.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R,
Rays Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +38 5x120 Blast Bronze #systemspec concave on @FreshFL5 Champ White Civic Type R!

Now in-stock in a variety of colors.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 9.08.21 PM

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Rays Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +38 5x120 Blast Bronze #systemspec concave on @FreshFL5 Champ White Civic Type R!

Now in-stock in a variety of colors.
Looks great! What's the advantage of the +38 vs +45? It seems like they both have the same face design but the 7mm is just a tad more aggressive and may have fitment issues when lowered on anything wider than 265 tires.

Or is this the spec that is being discontinued?

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! What's the advantage of the +38 vs +45? It seems like they both have the same face design but the 7mm is just a tad more aggressive and may have fitment issues when lowered on anything wider than 265 tires.

Or is this the spec that is being discontinued?
All TE37SL is discontinued, our clients have the ability to choose between the two offsets. We typically recommend the +45 for no issues even when lowered up to a 275/285 tire. However, a +38 sits a bit more outward (7mm to be exact) and will work with 255 and select 265 tires at OEM height or a conservative drop. Any lower and rubbing issues may be present. You cannot go wrong with either spec.

Most will go with the +45 for peace of mind and less complications down the road (ie if the car is tracked and they do not want to rub at full compression).

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
All TE37SL is discontinued, our clients have the ability to choose between the two offsets. We typically recommend the +45 for no issues even when lowered up to a 275/285 tire. However, a +38 sits a bit more outward (7mm to be exact) and will work with 255 and select 265 tires at OEM height or a conservative drop. Any lower and rubbing issues may be present. You cannot go wrong with either spec.

Most will go with the +45 for peace of mind and less complications down the road (ie if the car is tracked and they do not want to rub at full compression).
Hey Thompson,

Do you think Advan GT 18x9.5 with +38mm off fits okay with 265/35 or 265/40? Wondering if this setup will rub. I'm planning to go regular camber/alignment spec with stock height.

Thank you always!

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Am I correct in assuming the stock wheels do not need hubcentric rings and the stock wheels have a hub bore of 64.1? And are there after market wheels that come with a 64.1 instead of the 72.56?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The intent with aftermarket wheels is that they are universal fit with the use of hub centric rings. You might be able to find wheels that don’t need them, like wheels offered by Honda themselves. Is there a reason you are against hub centric rings?

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
The intent with aftermarket wheels is that they are universal fit with the use of hub centric rings. You might be able to find wheels that don’t need them, like wheels offered by Honda themselves. Is there a reason you are against hub centric rings?
Thanks makes sense, not really I've just never used them before. I'd figure they be more of a hassle every time swapping wheels but maybe thats not the case? And I'm guessing there is no failure issue with them since so many seem to use them.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nah, there’s really no failure issue with them. They’re only there to take up the gap and there’s really no place for them to move around once they’re in there. They’re enclosed by the wheel’s hub core. There’s really no pressure on them or any way they could fail as long as your lugs are properly torqued and you’re using rings of the correct size. That’s why you’ll see many hub centric rings are simply plastic. I’ve used metal ones myself which are harder to remove, but will last longer (if you need to remove them seasonally or whatever). A buddy of mine, who has way more car experience than me, has always used the plastic ones for years with no problems. He laughed at me for getting the metal ones. Yes, I’m a little OCD apparently. Ha!

Last edited:
OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Thompson,

Do you think Advan GT 18x9.5 with +38mm off fits okay with 265/35 or 265/40? Wondering if this setup will rub. I'm planning to go regular camber/alignment spec with stock height.

Thank you always!
This should work depending on the tire brand! A 35 sidewall would be safer. Let us know if you want a set!

Cooler2442

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT4
https://bbs-japan.co.jp/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/10/Add_lineup【RI-A】202210.pdf
credit: @yuukun_nakamura
RI-A055, BBS officially add an additional line-up for FL5, 18×9.5 et50 5/120
Fe2idquaAAAasIa.jpg
Fe1P-ZTUoAAaNzJ.jpg

The fitment of FL5‘s OEM wheel on FK8
IIRC the spec for the new wheel is 19 X 9.5J +60 5x120
tires 265/30ZR19 93Y
I'm about to order BBA RIA's, anyone know the pro's and cons of ordering 18x9.5 ET40 or 18x9.5 ET50? I think the car above is ET50 but I'm wondering will ET40 have more concave so it'll look better?

I plan to run 265's and lower on Swift springs so would appreciate no rubbing but wonder which one will look better.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our customer Aadel and his Boost Blue FL5 Civic Type R equipped with #systemspec Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +38 5x120 Championship White!
11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R IMG_0942
Sponsored