• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Got a full OEM unit that we are going to 3D scan and start some modeling for an upgrade. Just trying to figure out what to do with the valve. Keep it or ditch it.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Got a full OEM unit that we are going to 3D scan and start some modeling for an upgrade. Just trying to figure out what to do with the valve. Keep it or ditch it.
Can you do something like a Buddy Club Spec 2 for the DC2?

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
So what is the recommendation for somebody who wants a little more sound out of the FL5 without making the car obnoxiously loud? I’m looking to give the car an OEM+ sound, don’t need it to sound like a race car… I have a race car for that! Honestly wish there was an easy way to give the FL5 the Integra Type S sound and call it a day. They got the exhaust note so wrong in these cars.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Please kill the valve. We should all aim for most efficient, best flow possible. Having a valve there defeats that purpose. I’ll throw money down for any company that makes a 3” exhaust, with a resonator, and bypasses the valve. Haven’t seen any yet..
Milltek is working on a valve remote last I heard.

I think AWE is also doing one with valve remote

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
So what is the recommendation for somebody who wants a little more sound out of the FL5 without making the car obnoxiously loud? I’m looking to give the car an OEM+ sound, don’t need it to sound like a race car… I have a race car for that! Honestly wish there was an easy way to give the FL5 the Integra Type S sound and call it a day. They got the exhaust note so wrong in these cars.
For OEM+ your options are to unplug the valve actuator fuse so the valves are always open or replace the resonators.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Get a catted downpipe and an upgraded front pipe, keep the stock exhaust. You'll be fine

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Get a catted downpipe and an upgraded front pipe, keep the stock exhaust. You'll be fine
Are there any catted downpipes that don't throw a CEL? I know the CEL can be disabled with a Hondata Flashpro, but that doesn't help during emissions testing, if I understand it correctly.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Are there any catted downpipes that don't throw a CEL? I know the CEL can be disabled with a Hondata Flashpro, but that doesn't help during emissions testing, if I understand it correctly.
If I remeber correctly the PRL and 27WON don't throw a code. Personally, I'm going with RV6 and Hondata, no emissions testing for me in FL.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Please kill the valve. We should all aim for most efficient, best flow possible. Having a valve there defeats that purpose. I’ll throw money down for any company that makes a 3” exhaust, with a resonator, and bypasses the valve. Haven’t seen any yet..
Maybe we offer two versions? One with and one without?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you do something like a Buddy Club Spec 2 for the DC2?
I am not familiar with that one. I will have to check it out.

Skrish78

First Name
Shank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Apexi vs Spoon exhaust for FL5?
3K vs 4200

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score