• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Has anyone checked to see if the valved exhaust on the FL5 is driven by the same type of vacuum line as you'd find on a Porsche or Audi exhaust? If so, it's generally super easy to crimp and zip tie it to keep the valve open all the time and add some extra sound. Just curious.
Sponsored

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
If I did get an exhaust system I would want something with three pipes that are all the same diameter, like the Integra Type S, but not sounding too ricey.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Anyone know if fk8 exhaust will work on fl5? Even if it’s minor modification?

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
Anyone know if fk8 exhaust will work on fl5? Even if it’s minor modification?
I know the front pipe is a no. Front pipe back.... not sure. Id order one an try but i dont wana be the expensive Guiney pig

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I know the front pipe is a no. Front pipe back.... not sure. Id order one an try but i dont wana be the expensive Guiney pig
Yeah probably not. lol I might try something used locally and see if it lines up. I also just placed an order from 27won on their catted downpipe. Got some questions answered. Seems like their down pipe is the biggest in the market too. Can't wait to install it. Hopefully it get's here before the weekend.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I don't mind the dual tip, but it just looks odd with all that space around it in the diffuser. Giving me a "someone messed up" feeling with the gap. Sound is great.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Best and worst thing about the CTR really comes out with exhaust mods. I do really like the 3 tipped exhaust design but it just looks so weird imo seeing a CTR with 1, or 2 exhaust pipes instead of 3.

Hopefully we can get some good intake mods for the FL5. Imo with these cars its all about the induction sound, not exhaust

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
A big single oval tip would do the trick

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
The FL5 will be my first CTR. Was there an exhaust for the FK8 that was relatively quiet compared the majority of aftermarket offerings?
Yes. The Sequence Titanium exhaust was one that comes to mind right away. There’s a link to a sound clip in post 7 on the first page.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Best and worst thing about the CTR really comes out with exhaust mods. I do really like the 3 tipped exhaust design but it just looks so weird imo seeing a CTR with 1, or 2 exhaust pipes instead of 3.
I like the 3 center tips as well but if someone came up with an insert to cover the blank space with the 2 tips that would be a huge hit. Back in my S2000 days there was a company that made a slim plastic part that adhered to the rear bumper to make it look like from the factory it came with a single exhaust. I'm sure something like this could be developed for the FL5 to make it look more OEM on these aftermarket exhausts.
Sponsored