• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500
I might get this instead just so I don't have 2 CTRs.
Sponsored

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Wish my Type-R had 3 pipes like that!

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I donā€™t understand this mindset. The FK2 and FK8 are the outliers; every other Type R is understated and simple. NA1. DC2. EK9. CH1. DC5. EP3. FN2. All elegant, clean cars.
I totally agree with you on this. The type r I wanted as a kid was the 98 ITR which was very understated.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Are those tacked-on fender flares? A pity if they are... the clean, integrated flares of the FL5 would suit the ITS much better than an "aftermarket" tacked-on look
Making custom rear fenders and doors is hugely expensive.

The CTR is a world-car, sold in reasonable volume. Even then, the business case must have been marginal.

The ITS, on the other hand, is AFAIK an NA-only car. I don't think they expect to sell the volume needed to support custom rear fenders and doors.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
That's disappointing and looks to be on the front and rear. Fk8 style I guess
'Not that there's anything wrong with that' - Seinfeld quote

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Just played the sound clip of the 2024 Acura Integra Type S exhaust.
Twice. Okay, three times.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Let's hope the exhaust on the real production model actually sounds like that.

Got all excited when they released the FK8 teaser video back in 2017, only to discover the production model sounded nothing like it...

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I'm really curious to see what bespoke chassis and body items carryover from the CTR.

If it's literally the base integra plus the K20C1 and brembos, it will probably be much softer and less rigid then the CTR.

I now realize why the us market ctr has no heated seats/wheel, moonroof, parking sensors etc., all of that will be on the type S instead.

Great for people to have options.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Are those tacked-on fender flares? A pity if they are... the clean, integrated flares of the FL5 would suit the ITS much better than an "aftermarket" tacked-on look
I donā€™t think so. Look at how the tail lights are in-set. They donā€™t look like that on regular Tegs. This tells me they did the wide body thing the right way with unique body panels, like they did on the FL5. Youā€™re being deceived (teased) by the sharp fender lines shown, while not being shown how they integrate with the lower door sill area.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm really curious to see what bespoke chassis and body items carryover from the CTR.

If it's literally the base integra plus the K20C1 and brembos, it will probably be much softer and less rigid then the CTR.

I now realize why the us market ctr has no heated seats/wheel, moonroof, parking sensors etc., all of that will be on the type S instead.

Great for people to have options.
TBH, I 100% fully expect the ITS to be EVERYTHING the CTR is (chassis and all), plus the creature comforts you mentioned. Seats will likely be ā€œleatherā€ too. Itā€™ll surely have a track ready Type S mode and perhaps a more refined Comfort mode too. Iā€™m betting that track performance will be very similar to the CTR, with a nod to the FL5 for being more of a focused track machine. However, if the added comfort and refinement are worth the premium to you (we know there are many who will never track their FL5ā€™s anyway) then the ITS is perhaps the better choice, as more of a GT version FL5. Thatā€™s just how I see it panning out.

As I mentioned earlier, a nice thing will be (if it happens the way I believe it will) is that a large portion of the parts catalog should be inter-mixable between the FL5 and the ITS, which helps with parts availability for all. Just donā€™t go putting Type R badges on your ITS.šŸ¤£

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I donā€™t think so. Look at how the tail lights are in-set. They donā€™t look like that on regular Tegs. This tells me they did the wide body thing the right way with unique body panels, like they did on the FL5. Youā€™re being deceived (teased) by the sharp fender lines shown, while not being shown how they integrate with the lower door sill area.
The rear bumper is unique to the ITS, the rear fenders do not appear to be.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The rear bumper is unique to the ITS, the rear fenders do not appear to be.
Hmmmā€¦šŸ§
Good eye! I think youā€™re right! This might indeed indicate that those wider fenders are indeed flaresā€¦and not wide body panels. We need more details, but itā€™s not looking good for those hoping for a CTR-like wide body.šŸ˜¬ I think the car will still look great regardless. Flares are kinda old school too. So if thatā€™s what they are, then it fits the nostalgia.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: rui