• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

*The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Holy shit. That you posted this means you're alive, and that's all that matters. We're glad you're ok.
Much appreciated! I was certain I was going to die in the moment!
Sponsored

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Dude, for real though! Thank god you’re ok!

My wife handed me her phone tonight, says “saw this on Facebook” and when I saw who posted it my jaw was on the floor. Again, glad you’re in one piece and hope to see you back in action soon!

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Dude, for real though! Thank god you’re ok!

My wife handed me her phone tonight, says “saw this on Facebook” and when I saw who posted it my jaw was on the floor. Again, glad you’re in one piece and hope to see you back in action soon!
I didn't put it on Facebook because I didn't want my Mother to watch it. I wonder who put it up there.....

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Turn off comments on your YT videos.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Turn off comments on your YT videos.
I don't notice many negative spam comments, at least not without going looking. It's surprising how people seem to perceive things like this so negatively as their knee-jerk. And that's their problem. I pity them.

Even other legit gearhead types - it never ceases to amaze me how little people understand anything about track driving.

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
I'm really glad you're ok. I enjoy your content hopefully you get back at it soon and are all healed up.

Last edited:

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I don't notice many negative spam comments, at least not without going looking. It's surprising how people seem to perceive things like this so negatively as their knee-jerk. And that's their problem. I pity them.

Even other legit gearhead types - it never ceases to amaze me how little people understand anything about track driving.
There are a lot of arm chair experts. I also get that sim racing can be used to hone skills, but if all you've done is sim racing, and then you go out to put it into practice, you get slapped hard in the face by the amount of g-force that your body experiences. You also run into other factors like, unexpected behaviors from traffic, flags being thrown, and all of the wind noise.

I have a friend with a sim rig that wants me to come over to practice some concepts, which I'm going to do, but actual on track experience is crucial to getting the "whole" picture.

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Overheating question:

With a totally stock setup (minus brake fluid and pads) at what temp (either water or oil) should you ease up and possibly do a cool down lap before going hard at it again?
Sponsored